Category Archives for "Uncategorized"
So, eating a variety of good foods is always good for you! To ramp up your immune system, focus on these foods too!
1. Garlic – Quite an obvious one but eating some raw is excellent and add it to your cooking. I add it to my eggs!
2. Broccoli & and other veggies/greens – Not a surprise but eating more of this is good for your immune system and a whole lot more!
3. Ginger – This is one that is great to add to your nutrition. Look for foods that have it in like Ginger Bread & Sticks and look to add it to you cooking your own meals.
4. Spinach – Another great vegetable! Salads or cooked!
5. Citrus Fruits – Lemons, Oranges, Clementines, Grapefruit, Limes, & Tangerines.
6. Red Bell Peppers – Loaded with Vitamin C!
7. Yogurt – Look for “Live & Active Cultures” boost your immune system and add some almonds & fresh fruit. Yum!
8. Almonds – Loaded with Vitamin E another great boost to the immune system.
9. Papayas & Kiwi – Full of Vitamin C and really good for you and tasty!
10. Chicken Soup – Mom knew best so add this to your food list all year long.
11. Shellfish – Yes, they are full of zinc which is good for your immune system. Crabs, Clams, Mussels, & Lobster.
So, here is a good list to review of a good variety to add your nutritional lifestyle and keep your immune system high especially when combined with good sleep and…Yes…Exercise!
Obviously, these are different times. So, when deals us a really BIG Lemon you have to find a way to make Lemonade. Keeping healthy includes working out regularly. At home is great whether you have equipment or not.
There are tons of Videos on YouTube, streaming programs like Beachbody, workouts in books/magazines, and, of course, online personal training. You have many options to choose from!
In fact, you could also buy a Spin Bike, Treadmill, Elliptical, Weights like Power Blocks, Bands, Bosu, Med Balls, Stability Balls, Accessories, etc. at many places:
Sports Stores, Target, Fitness Equipment (Locally Fitness4HomeSuperStore.com), Play it again Sam, Online orders, etc.
And, as mentioned above, there many body weight workouts available with no equipment! So, figure it out and get it goin’! You need it, your body needs it, and your mind needs it too!
PS: And if you need Online Personal Training at Home, we offer that too! Call/Text 480 628 5868 or email us at:
Yes, you’ve heard this many times and now you’re hearing it a lot! So, exercise at home or outdoors in open areas and keep moving. Physical activity flushes out bacteria in the lungs and airways. This may reduce your chance of getting a cold, flu, or other illness. Exercise causes a positive change in your antibodies and white blood cell count. White blood cells are system cells that fight disease.
Also, besides cardio, lifting weights, etc. Yoga is a great option too and has both physical and mental boosts for your body and your brain. This leads to being more flexible, more relaxed, and a sweet calmness will overflow your whole body.
So, walk, bike, run, hike and get out and enjoy the sun too! Playing tennis is good too…Have some fun also.
As you move, you improve so many things about your body inside and out including a stronger immune system.
Vitamin D is so important to function of your life and so much more! And, oftentimes, people are deficient. Here is what it does for your body:
Now, the best ways to get Vitamin D is through 20 minutes of Sun everyday without Sunblock. Also here are foods that are naturally high in Vitamin D:
Now, Sun is # 1 and the best time is 2pm – 4pm. Also, foods are a great way and yes supplements can help but Sun and Food is Best!
And the optimal way is have a blood test at least 2 times per year to make sure you’re not deficient and in the healthy range.
Every year people create resolutions and survey says that 80% of people fail! Why? No plan, no help, no knowledge, etc.
The only way you make change is to change yourself and most importantly your mindset and habits.
For example, when I speak at Lunch & Learns at local Tempe or Phoenix Metro businesses I trick people into 2 things.
The first question I ask is how many of you shower every day? Inevitably it’s 100%.
The second question I ask is how many of you are watching Netflix? Cool…Right now I want each and every one of you to calculate how many hours you watch per week? After a few moments, the answer is always 15 – 30 hrs per week! But yet, people say they have no time to work out?
That’s when I tell the audience when you can get in your mind that exercise is as important as a shower and you may have to give up some of your Netflix time to do it. As always, there is silence or a gasp or two.
It’s true…totally True! And if you need help, we can help you conquer your New Year’s Resolutions for good! So, if you’re ready to have a happy and healthy life fill out a form on this website for a Free Fitness Test Drive or just text/call my phone at 480 628 5868 and get it goin’!!