Studies have shown that listening to the right music for you while working out can stimulate your motivation to lift more, do more reps, and workout more intensely. Now, what music works is dependent on one thing….You.
It’s all about you. Choose music that lifts your spirit, raises your intensity, and gives you that extra edge. For some, it may be classical, easy listening, rock, rap, etc. What matters is that you choose the right music that gives that mental boost that translates into a physical advantage.
Music is a very powerful source of emotion and used appropriately in the gym can lead to better results for you and your body!
In our world of shower & go we almost never take a bath. It used to be what everyone did. Today we’re in a hurry we have to go to work, go out to dinner, etc. Well, not only are baths good for you, you can take it up a notch and add in some Epsom Salts. Especially if you workout often and get sore. Great for your muscles and help with recovery and a whole lot more! Plus, you only need about 20 minutes.
Here are the major benefits:
- Improved heart and circulatory health, reducing irregular heartbeats, preventing hardening of the arteries, reducing blood clots and lowering blood pressure.
- Improved ability for the body to use insulin, reducing the incidence or severity of diabetes.
- Flushed toxins and heavy metals from the cells, easing muscle pain and helping the body to eliminate harmful substances.
- Improved nerve function by electrolyte regulation. Also, calcium is the main conductor for electrical current in the body, and magnesium is necessary to maintain proper calcium levels in the blood.
- Relieved stress. Excess adrenaline and stress are believed to drain magnesium, a natural stress reliever, from the body. Magnesium is necessary for the body to bind adequate amounts of serotonin, a mood-elevating chemical within the brain that creates a feeling of well-being and relaxation.
- Reduced inflammation to relieve pain and muscle cramps.
- Improved oxygen use.
- Improved absorption of nutrients.
- Improved formation of joint proteins, brain tissue and mucin proteins.
- Prevention or easing of migraine headaches.
- Boosts Magnesium Levels. Appropriate levels of magnesium are absolutely key to good health, and it is very common to have a magnesium deficiency. …
- Reduces Stress. …
- Eliminates Toxins. …
- Relieves Constipation. …
- Reduces Pain & Inflammation. …
- Improves Blood Sugar Levels. …
- Volumizes Hair.
So, shut off that cell phone, light a candle or 2, and have an Epsom Salt Bath! (Recommended 2 times per week)
Ok, this may cause a bit of controversy but I’m basing this on facts. Juicing or buying juice can definitely be very tasty and simple to do.
However, juice spikes your insulin levels, the fiber is missing, other nutrients are depleted, and most store bought juice is highly processed. (Juicing at home is better but I still don’t recommend it)
5 Reasons that eating Whole Fruits is better than Juicing
Exception to the rule: I’m okay with blending also know as a smoothie.
Hot Tip: if you blend, add some flax seed and/or chia seed as this will add more fiber.
In today’s society we are flooded (literally) with so many beverages! Rock Star, Gatorade, Monster Energy, Powerade, Red Bull, Flavored Waters, Juices, Soda, coffee, tea, Diet Soft drinks, coconut milk, almond milk, milk, milk products, soy milk, beer, wine, booze, and alcohol of all kinds flavors, etc. etc.!!!
Now, some of the above are ok and certainly some are subject to debate like dairy. Plus, alcohol in moderation has shown some benefits. Nevertheless, water is # 1, not flavored or infused water….just plain water.
Now, of course, good clean pure water is best especially if you can get spring water that is untouched by any tainting such as pollution, etc.
So, always, always make Water # 1 on the list every day, all day. You’ve heard it before and it’s true…your body is comprised of mostly water and needs a continual supply to help it function properly, efficiently, and Keep it Healthy!!
Here’s the short list of the Benefits of Water:
- Increases Energy & Relieves Fatigue
- Promotes Weight Loss
- Flushes Out Toxins
- Improves Skin Complexion
- Maintains Regularity
- Boosts Immune System
- Natural Headache Remedy
- Prevents Cramps & Sprains
- Puts You In A Good Mood
- Save Money!
Water, water, water…..Any Questions?
One of the best and most efficient ways to get in shape is resistance training. It builds muscle, strength, and bone density (and many more benefits). Now, you don’t have to be a power lifter or grunt & groan with massive amounts of weight but you do need to challenge your body.
Think about it, before the modernization of our society people had to perform lots of manual labor. Most of that is gone today. However, by lifting weights 3 times a week you can achieve a healthy, strong body.
The best place to start is with a personal trainer. They can assess your current strength levels and then design a balanced program to help you get stronger over a period of time by incrementally increase the load, utilizing various techniques, and adding in lots of variety.
Plus, they can teach you how to warm up, lift with proper technique, and they can also track your progress and demonstrate how much stronger you become.
So, don’t be afraid to lift some weight!