Category Archives for "Uncategorized"
People often ask me…What gets and keeps people healthy? Well, oftentimes we have to workout, eat well, and most importantly develop healthy habits. How does all of this happen? Consistency!! If you do something over and over again with intended purpose…What Happens? You get better at it and things begin to change for the best.
If you worked out once a week, ate healthy 50% of the time, and still drank too much or slept poorly…What would your results be like? Probably not so good. What if you worked out 4 – 5 times per week, ate 80% – 90% of the time very healthy, drank only 2x per month, and slept 90% of the time really well. How would those results be? GREAT! And why…Consistency!
You have to understand that Consistency has many benefits. It gets better results, get better at things, and most importantly….Creates Excellent Habits!! Think about this…If you have bad habits, you get bad results, bad health, and create new problems for yourself. So, pick good habits and apply them CONSISTENTLY!!
Often times we find ourselves doing the same workout thing….over and over. Why? We get comfortable and, unfortunately so does our body. Our bodies are very adaptive machines and need to challenged to grow & change.
So, if you’ve been doing the same routine…It’s time to mix it up!
Love to Run? Time to Bike!
Love Free Weights? Try out some Kettlebells!
When the last time you went swimming?
Do you any Grip Strength exercises?
When is the last time you played Tennis, Volley Ball, etc?
Have you flipped a Tire lately?
Get out there, flip the switch, and Have some Fun! And watch your body change and learn new moves.
Here at Lifestyles Fitness Personal Training in Tempe, AZ we offer Ultrasound Body Scan so that our clients know how much muscle and fat that they have. Both are equally important to track results as we do with our clients. I always tell people it’s not always what you weigh on the scale, it’s what you’re body is made of when it comes to muscle and fat.
So, oftentimes I have had clients lose only 1lb on the scale but when we measure them with our very accurate Ultrasound Scan it can show that they gained 4lbs of muscle and lost 5lbs of Fat which explains why the scale only moved 1lb because it registers weight + we also do tape measurements too! So, Scale Weight, Ultrasound Scan, + Tape Measurements tell us exactly how to follow our clients’ progress.
Ever notice how some people don’t sleep well? They’re tired, easy bothered, and drink way too much coffee! Well, here’s the good news:
If you sleep well over time, you will be way more healthier than others! Now, we all know that good sleep is essential for your body to revive, repair, and get much needed rest! Those who miss out on sleep will definitely have to pay the piper sooner or later. The good news is that if you make sleep a priority, you can get caught up fast before the piper shows up! Here are the best advantages of good sleep:
1. Have a healthy weight – good sleep helps us not only feel better but allows our hormones to do their job correctly and keep us lean & healthier.
2. Be Smarter & Sharper! – You can focus better, get more done, and very productive while picking up great ideas in your head.
3. Avoid Accidents – Being more aware and awake can us from making bad decisions or more ways to respond to bad situations.
4. Steer Clear from Depression – Yes, sleep helps us have clear thoughts and think with a better positivity and keep negative thoughts out of our head.
5. Better Sleep makes up Better Athletes! – Having slept well can give us the edge in sports, working out, etc. You’re more rested and ready!
6. Spur Creativity – Having a better mind to solve problems, see better solutions, and seize the day!
7. Decrease Inflammation in your body – Good sleep can curtail inflammation in your body which can lead to other diseases. Rest up!
8. Live Longer! Excellent sleep has been shown to help people live longer.
9. Improve the Quality of your Life! – Yes, better sleep can have a myriad of positive effects on your life in so many ways!
So, make a good plan that keeps you on track with getting good sleep regularly……Zzzzzz!
How many times have you seen a new fitness trend? They come, they go, & some even stay! Regardless of what it is, it’s definitely something you should check out for sure (or maybe not at all)….Huh? Well, let’s face it….sometimes these things are not what you expect them to be. Remember, the first time you saw it, it looked cool….maybe? So, what do you do? Check it out for sure. Let’s face it, there are a ton of reviews on most products and look for ones that definitely give you the resource to decide if its for you. You can definitely check it out for sure while deciding if it’s something you should purchase or not let it go at all. Always, always remember its for you….no one else for sure! So, check it out for sure and make sure you read those reviews and even find out if your friend has it for sure too!